Universal Credit claimants can get help with mortgage payments through the DWP scheme Personal Finance | Finance

Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) can provide funding to pay interest on a loan or mortgage of up to £200,000. The money is paid in the form of a loan and must be repaid eventually.

The scheme is open to people on Income Support, Income-related Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Universal Credit and Pension Credit.

on the people Pension loan Only up to £100,000 can be received or if a person started claiming qualifying benefits before January 2009, at which time they were below state pension age.

A person cannot use the money to repay the loan and can only use it to pay the interest.

Funds cannot go towards insurance policies or missed mortgage payments called arrears.

read more: Martin Lewis shares how to save £191.90 a year on energy bills

those who received Universal Credit You cannot claim SMI if you have any of the following incomes:

  • Income from employment if a person is employed or self-employed
  • A tax refund
  • Statutory sick pay
  • Statutory Maternity Pay
  • Legal paternity pay
  • Legal Adoption Wages
  • Legal Shared Parental Pay.

Source link

Denial of responsibility! newsnaveen.online is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@newsnaveen.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Similar Articles

Popular post