Harry & Meghan unlikely to join royals at Sandringham for first Christmas without Queen | Royal | news

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle It has been said it is “impossible” for the Royal Family to join the Sandringham Country Retreat for their first Christmas without Queen Elizabeth II. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex quit as working members royal family Early 2020 when they moved from the UK to the US. Before attending the Queen’s funeral, they were last seen together in public in September to attend charity events in the United Kingdom.

King Charles III is known to have invited Harry and Meghan to Sandringham for Christmas, but now it appears the couple will not be making the trans-Atlantic trip.

A source close to the monarch told MailOnline: “They are unlikely to attend.”

The Queen died on September 8 at her Balmoral estate in Scotland, with her eldest son Charles then becoming the new king as he was next in line to the throne.

It will be the first time he has hosted the annual royal family gathering and Christmas holiday at his country retreat in Norfolk.

The Prince and Princess of Wales and their children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will be there.

They will stay at nearby Amber Hall in Norfolk, a house given to them by the Queen.

Several members of the Royal Family are expected to join relatives and his wife the Queen Consort in the walk to church on Christmas morning.

Since 1988, Sandringham has been a gathering place for members of the royal family for Christmas and New Year.

The nationwide Covid pandemic has forced a change in that annual routine over the past few years.

This Christmas, the royal family is expected to celebrate Christmas at the Norfolk estate as they come together for the first Christmas since the Queen’s death.

But the festive gathering comes just two weeks before the release of Harry’s long-awaited book Spare.

Announcing the news last month, publisher Penguin Random House said the book would chronicle his journey to “recover from trauma” with “raw honesty”, adding: “For Harry, this is his last story”.

The cover of the book has attracted widespread attention. It shows the Duke of Sussex looking directly into the camera with the words “Prince Harry” and “Spare”. The title refers to the phrase “successor and successor”.

In a press release for Harry’s book, publisher Penguin Random House said: “Spare immediately transports readers to one of the most captivating images of the 20th century: two young boys, two princes, watching the world unfold in sadness – and horror – behind their mother’s coffin.

“When Diana, Princess of Wales was laid to rest, billions wondered what the princes were thinking and feeling – what their lives would look like from that moment on. For Harry, it was his last story.

“With its raw, unflinching honesty, Spare is a seminal publication full of insight, revelation, self-examination, and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief.”

More to follow…



Source link

Denial of responsibility! newsnaveen.online is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@newsnaveen.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Similar Articles

Popular post