Putin’s mobilization backfires as 200,000 flee to Kazakhstan in two weeks | World | news

Vladimir Putin Attempt to discourage his invasion Ukraine A partial military mobilization was followed by several retreats Russians Flee to neighboring Kazakhstan, enlisted in the army. More than 200,000 people have been drafted into Russia’s armed forces since Putin stepped up his illegal invasion by calling for a partial mobilization of the country’s military, the Kremlin’s defense minister said today. However, the impressive figure may have been due to the fact that at the same time a large number of Russians fled to Kazakhstan and other neighboring countries. The troubling figures could confound the political capital Putin has gained by calling for partial mobilization, which experts say he may have done to assuage growing pressure from nationalist Russian commentators demanding more success in Ukraine.

More than 200,000 people have been drafted into Russia’s armed forces since partial mobilization was called for two weeks ago, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said today. He had previously announced plans to enlist 300,000 men with previous military experience to bolster Russia’s illegal war, which has seen a series of setbacks in recent weeks, apparently at the hands of a superior Ukrainian strategist.

Today, however, Kazakhstan’s Interior Minister Marat Akhmetchanov reported that 200,000 Russians had fled the country in a mass exodus following Putin’s call to arms. Local media reports also said Russian authorities have placed mobile checkpoints at Russian-Kazakh border checkpoints.

Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Digital Development said on October 4 that since September 21, more than 70,000 Russian citizens have applied for and received personal identification numbers, which allow them to set up bank accounts and work in Kazakhstan.

Russian citizens do not need a travel passport or visa to enter Kazakhstan for 30 days. According to data from the Caucasus republic’s interior ministry, 69,000 Russians crossed into Georgia by September 30, with other nearby countries shouldering the burden.

According to Bloomberg, a large number of vehicles are parked along the land border between the two countries. Meanwhile, the European Union said last week that 66,000 Russians entered the camp in the week to September 25.

The data adds that many of these come via Finland, which has had to heavily restrict Russian tourist arrivals to stem the flow of people fleeing Putin’s failed war. Mongolia saw the arrival of more than 12,000 Russians by October 2.

read more: Zelensky made great strides as defenses crumbled in the South [REVEAL]

As for other nearby regions such as Turkey, Azerbaijan and Armenia – described by the French newspaper Le Monde as “uncertain havens” for fleeing Russians – they have yet to release data on arrivals since Putin’s announcement. All those who absconded after the order were not eligible for conscription.

However, reports have emerged of past draft-age men with no military experience or chronic illnesses receiving call-up papers, sparking anti-war protests within the dictatorship and spreading uncertainty about who will actually be drafted.

Last week, Putin acknowledged that mistakes had been made in the mobilization and said they needed to be corrected. In a meeting with his Security Council on September 29, the dictator demanded that they “immediately correct our mistakes and not repeat them”.

Don’t miss: WW3 fears are fueled by concerns about a ‘Russian attack’ on Poland [REVEAL]
Putin’s nuclear threats have been discussed over US defense plans [INSIGHT]
Kremlin denies report Putin sent nuclear train to Ukraine [ANALYSIS]

He added: “Those drafted without valid reasons should be sent home.”

Shoigu also said today that those who volunteered to fight should not be turned away without “serious reason”.

According to information released by the Ministry of Defense on Telegram, he said that the new units are receiving instructions at 80 training ranges and six training centers. Russia’s announcement that it had annexed four regions in southeastern Ukraine also met with immediate embarrassment.

Ukraine and its Western allies have refused to recognize the annexations, saying they are illegal. The Ukrainian counter-offensive continues to punish the Russian invaders, with the recent recapture of the city of Lyman by Kyiv forces.



Source link

Denial of responsibility! newsnaveen.online is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@newsnaveen.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Similar Articles

Popular post