Twitter employee sues company for ignoring disability rights amid new Musk rules | USA | news

Now the SpaceX The founder has caused further grief by ending remote work and implementing 40-hour weeks in the office. Musk He warned employees of “difficult times ahead” in his first email to remaining employees since laying off 3,700 Twitter employees last week.

“The road ahead is tough and will require serious work to succeed,” he noted.

His email added: “Remote work is no longer permitted unless there is a specific exception.

“Managers send exception lists to me for review and approval.”

However, a new lawsuit alleges that the Tesla CEO’s request to stop telecommuting and require his employees to work longer hours with “higher intensity” discriminates against workers with disabilities.

California-based engineering manager Dmitry Borotenko filed the proposed class action against Twitter in San Francisco federal court on Wednesday.

According to a former Twitter employee, the new Twitter owner’s demands violate the federal Americans with Disabilities Act.

The ADA requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities.

The suit claimed that several employees with disabilities at Twitter were forced to leave the company because they could not meet Musk’s standards of output and performance.

read more: Kate warms hearts with influx of Ukrainian refugees

He said Musk’s takeover “put the company’s workers into a lot of pain and uncertainty in such a short period of time.”

Zoë Schiffer, managing editor of Platformer, said on Twitter at 23:52 am GMT that Twitter’s employees were alerted that “effective immediately, all office buildings are temporarily closed and badge access is suspended.”

He later revealed that Musk and his top team were concerned about employees planning to sabotage the company, and that they needed time to see which employees should have their access removed.

Ms Schiffer added: “Offices will reopen on November 21st. In the meantime: ‘Please refrain from discussing confidential company information on social media, in the press or elsewhere and continue to adhere to company policies.



Source link

Denial of responsibility! newsnaveen.online is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@newsnaveen.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Similar Articles

Popular post